Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Washington DC


We took a trip to our nation's capitol, Washington DC. It was gorgeous weather. Bright, breezy, and completely tolerable. The only thing we could not stand was the walking! Our goal was to rent two bikes and a kid-trailer. So we could ride around the city and not have to carry or push our girls in the stroller. No such luck! BOO! But the architecture was amazing!

As you can see, Daddy got pretty tired. His girls all wanted him. Even me. :) We are so thankful for the opportunity to be so close to Josh. If we would have stayed in California or Arizona, we wouldn't have had a chance to see him at all these four months! We had a great time on the 3.5 hour drive up there. Josh and I talked a lot about things we wanna do and places we wanna see. Josh brought up the idea of going to Build-A-Bear and each making an animal that resembles each of us. Then wherever we go that is picture worthy, we will place our animals there and take pictures! So when Josh eventually gets deployed he will have to take his bear and take pics! I love this idea!!! Hopefully we will end up with a photo album full of pics just like those!

I had the bright idea, which I stole from Army Wives, every where we go, I want to collect a vial of sand or dirt. We will label them. Then when Josh retires, we will have quite a collection! Josh thinks it is a little weird, but he will do what I ask, because he loves me and wants to make the separations we will eventually encounter a little easier! I love that man of mine!!!!!


Before we go back to Cali for Home Recruiter Assistance Leave, I would like to go back to DC. I will be contacting one of California's senators and get on the list for a tour of the White House. If all goes well, we will rent those bikes and get a chance to see and do a few more things! I would like to get there while it is still dark, so we can watch the sun rise over the Lincoln Memorial! Definitely going to have to check out the Smithsonian Museums. I would also REALLY like to check out the Holocaust Museum. I know our girls are still very young, but I want them to know what hate and being afraid of differences can lead to. Plus, what Daddy fights against in the rest of the world.
In short, we had an awesome time! Quality time together as a family! Doesn't get much better than that!
Jamie Mitchell
P.S.
Still no orders as of July 5th at 1100 hours. I am enjoying this time of not knowing. As soon as we get the location, I need to begin finding a temporary house til Base housing is available. Have I said that I love the US ARMY yet? I do. I love what it stands for. I love the ultimate good it strives for. I just need to deal with the negatives that will soon pop up. I am strong in Christ. I think I can handle it! :)



1 comment:

  1. Awww what a grand adventure it sounds like! Love the pics! And YOU CAN handle it and you do already, with poise and class!!! I admire your strength. So glad you had a wonderful weekend with your hubby! We deserve to make every moment memorable!

    ReplyDelete