Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Half Way There

So...
We survived our first weekend without Daddy in a LONG TIME! Due to the Lock-Down in preparation for the FTX that starts in a few hours. That means I got only 5 DAYS until I get my man back in my arms! I had a very hard time sleeping without my husband this weekend. When you get used to a routine, when it all of a sudden changes, it can easily turn your whole life upside down.
Well... Maybe it wasn't "without" Daddy. We brought Daddy dinner Saturday and Sunday. We had an amazing time together. Saturday the girls slept through out the time. But they were both awake and played with Daddy in our car today. Just being so close to my husband makes my heart swell with happiness and contentment. I know we will be continually separated, BUT that just makes me appreciate what little time we get together. I did not expect this positive attitude at all.


In the past, when I felt neglected or ignored, I would become Super-Beotch! I would be short, rude, and just put out there those vibes of resentment. No, it was never right, but it was my insecurities that would make me push him away. Which would make him not want to be around my attitude, which would make me even more pissy! LOL It was just another crazy cycle.

My fear with Josh joining the ARMY, is that I would be that evil, insecure person ALL THE TIME! I am so impressed with God. He designed marriage, my husband, and myself so perfectly! When conflict arises in a relationship, especially in a marriage, it is supposed to bring about more intimacy. Conflict is healthy, as long as both parties handle it correctly, with love and respect!

So... I will be keeping myself busy this week.
***Watch, we get orders this week, when I can't tell Josh! So I will not tell ANYONE til my hubby knows where the Army is sending him (and us girlies, too).
**************************************
As a side note, I am watching a repeat of Nancy Grace. She just did her signature sign off where she honors our military members who gave the ULTIMATE sacrifice. There was a CPL in the Marines who enjoyed riding his Ducati... which he pronounced as "Duke-a-tea". That made me smile. How funny, I forgot his name already. But I will never forget his face, or his love of his "Duke-a-tea"! :) He gave his life March 4, 2009. He died at the age of 25. He would have been just one year older than my husband.

Thank You!

**************************************
So here are my goals for the week:

1. Go swimming at least 2 times this week

2. Workout EVERY day

3. Check his orders every day

4. Resist revealing any new information til my hubby knows

5. Try at least 2 new recipes

6. Pamper myself (paint my nails, facial, etc)

7. Meet up with a good friend and give her a few baby gifts

Yes, that is a pretty short list!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great list!! Make sure you take pics of the recipes and share them on here too =) Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great list! I hope you get to do it all. Thanks for visiting and entering my little giveaway!!!

    Thanks also for your families service to our country. You are very appreciated, God Bless-

    ReplyDelete