Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Following Daddy wherever he gets sent

This picture was a total fluke. It turned out AMAZING!
We were eating lunch by the lake at Fort Jackson, and I was my usual camera happy self. I snapped everything I could. We had been separated from Feb 15th to April 29th. We were separated for my birthday, his birthday, April's Fools Day, and 71 other days.
When we were reunited, it was on the anniversary of our 7 years as a couple. We have gotten into disagreements, arguments, hell... we even got into a few fights (all verbal & emotional), but we have NEVER stopped being together.
12 weeks of AIT and a promotion later, we are coming to the end of his beginning in the ARMY. He will be assigned to a unit and our lives will settle into our new normal.

It literally took me 15 minutes re-reading what I wrote above.The rest is all so "up in the air" That is where everything goes it's own way. We are almost til the 13th week... That leaves a measly 3 weeks to PCS to our first station. I have no idea where. He still has no orders. This is the single sentence I have been saying a few times a day since the Fourth of July.
The only thing I know for sure, is I will be in charge of packing and moving things and our girls. "J" may have to move on without us girls while we get everything situated. I know it is always a possibility, but it just sucks! :)
Ever since "J" joined the ARMY, I resigned myself that we will be placed and moved and shuffled to the needs of the ARMY ( and ultimately GOD). It was such a refreshing change to relinquish control. To not have to worry about where and if it is the right place for us.
**And in many ways, it still is. I would just like to have a little more time to get used to the idea. To plan an A, B, and C scenario.... I want to get on a housing list ASAP... to check out neighborhoods and preschools off post. To have some direction... Does that make me a so-called "Indian Giver"? I willing sat in the backseat and let The Lord drive, and now I am begging for God to tell me where we are going? Telling God, "I am sure where you wanted to take us was really great, but did you see that city you just passed? It was gorgeous!"
IDK... I just simply do not know...
So I am going to continue prepping Makayla to kick pre-school booty in school. To search for a good breed or mix of breeds for our new dog. Working out everyday... AND that is pretty much it... :)

1 comment:

  1. great pic!!! The best ones come when we aren't really trying, I think!! I can't believe he doesn't have orders yet...crazy!!! hang in there, girl!

    ReplyDelete