Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A great day out!


This is a little past due, but I definitely want to document this and share with a few of you guys. Last week I had made plans with a fellow Army Wife. We both brought our kids and went to Newport News Park. We had a great time. Saw the usual turtles, birds, fish, ducks and squirrels. But we also saw a large group of deer, EIGHT! I have never seen that many deer in one vicinity. Candice got very close while I hung back with our noisy, restless and excited kids. We also saw a Buck with about 6 female deer later on. The hawk was gorgeous, just perched on a low electric pole.
We also brought the kids to the play ground and let them chase each other around. After that, we drove to Taco Bell, then brought some food to both of our husbands. It was just a BEAUTIFUL day. Nice breezes, with very low, almost non-existent humidity!
Had a great taste of life with close friends and I love it! Hopefully many more to follow.
Jamie
P.S.
I can not forget about the mother deer and her two faun crossing the road right in front of us as we were leaving the park. Wish I had my camera charger. :)

1 comment:

  1. That was an amazing day full of nature and beautiful animals! The mama doe and baby fawns were by far my favorite! I am enjoying getting to know you and your family, and your girls are DOLLS! When is our next get together? LOL talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete