Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

No orders yet, BUT....


I get a call from my DH today with good news and bad news. Bad news is it would take 8 travel days to drive from VA to So Cal, so the recruiter will most likely deny the HRAP. If my DH were to fly there, he would probably get approved. The ARMY will not pay for travel expenses, so he will fly, and the girls and I will drive back. So not looking forward to the drive back home. What once was a mini vaca, now might turn into a lonely, stressful, and tiresome time. With one driver, that would mean taking at least TWICE as long, looking at almost 4 days in drive time. While my hubby is back home with great friends and wonderful family! Something just seems totally not fair about that.


So Josh thought that maybe I could head back home 4-5 days before he would fly home. That means I would miss his Graduation from AIT. I would not get to pin his wings on him, BOO! Plus I would still be away from my man that long PLUS missing his Graduation. I just can not do that. Not because I don't think Josh can handle it. He is a big boy and understands the situation. I merely am being selfish! I want my girls to see what this time of uprooting and stress has all been for. I want to stand proudly next to my husband! I want that personal experience!!!!


So option #1 is having someone fly out to Virginia, and then drive back with me. It would take less than 2 days. It was amazing with my mom. And I would really like to do that trip with my sister Sarah, my sis-in-law Dina, or my "Ruth" Saskia. These 3 women do not have kids. So it is ideal. Plus I love them all dearly! I just hope one of these ladies will do us a HUGE favor!


Option #2 is flying out with Josh, which would be fun. Using a rental car there. Pack up our stuff into a U-Haul and DITY move our own stuff. Drive to wherever we are getting stationed at. Have our car shipped if too far, or just drive to it and then bring the car to our first PCS location. IF the orders are to overseas, then we could leave the car here, fly to Cali, drive u-haul back to VA, then transport our stuff and car through this port.


So obviously, by logic, Josh's plan would work out easiest. Then option 1, followed by option 2.


***************************************************************

Not only do I have to contemplate the immediate plans, but I need to start our PCS process. Covering all bases in case they send us overseas: Passports for all 4 of us, medical history, medical screenings for our girls, check-ups, vaccinations up to date, enrolling in TriCare (hopefully tomorrow), then I need to get several disease tests, the only one I remember is the HIV/AIDS test.

Josh needs to up his life insurance to the maximum and make me his POA.


So as you can probably tell, I am slowly getting stressed out. The only cure is making a list by priority and checking things off one by one.


My goal is to get the majority of this stuff done before we get Josh's orders. Then I will need to begin to find out whether to live on base or off base, which school to enroll Makayla into for preschool, security deposits, mail address changes, etc...


Hopefully tomorrow evening, I will log back on and let u know that the girls and I are finally enrolled in TriCare and we got all necessary forms for the passport. The passport can take up to 6-8 weeks to get mailed out, hopefully it will get done ASAP.


Now, gotta get the girls a snack, and then all dolled up to bring dinner to my DH and his battles. :-)

Jamie

3 comments:

  1. How funny, I do not remember the Good News. I think it was that he went to another briefing and got lots of forma, and packets to fill out... Maybe???? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. josh should be able to see his orders already. tell him to go to his AKO, on the right there should be a link that says ERB. that should tell him everything!! gosh girl,...now you got me stressing alil!! cuz i need to start doin this stuff too!! even tho adam dont grad till Sept. AGH!! the wonderful life of a military wife. i guess thats why they say we have the hardest job in the military!! im here if ya need to talk!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great.. I so remember those days of waiting and stressing about things and having to worry about where to go when he got re-stationed. I hope that all becomes clear, you can enjoy your time as a family, and you can get things done!

    ReplyDelete