Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fourth of July America!!!!

Having tons of fun at Down Town Newport News, VA. There was beautiful weather, great music, tasty food, great ocean view and AMAZING Fireworks! I got all choked up when they played our National Anthem. Daddy stood so tall saluting the flag. Summer was looking up at him and trying to salute as well. Got me all teary eyed! :)
Very crowded, but surprisingly only a few rude or inconsiderate people. We heard two different girls say out loud that this was the most white people she has ever seen. I kind of got offended at first, but then I realized I was thinking the same thing, but only reversed. We were all here together celebrating our countries 234th birthday. Our differences make us a stronger nation. Free kiddie rides and free balloon sculpting it was GREAT fun for the girls.

I know this is kind of a gay picture, but the fireworks display was so amazing! Very long, as well. That finale was breathtaking! They almost looked like colorful sprinkles in the night sky. A little hard to explain, just a feeling that brought me back to my memorable childhood.


The girls fell in love with the fireworks. Especially Summer. Her eyes were so big and she'd randomly stand up and clap! Great times.



Happy Fourth of July America!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment