Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Things I miss in California







Here is a list, not in any particular order, about what I miss most in California...



I miss....



*Getting authentic Mexican food 24 hours a day
*Getting the best, cheapest Chinese food AROUND! Cathay Chinese Food YUM! :)
*That fabulous dry heat, it can 110+ and not feel as hot as Virginia in the low 90's
*Having street signs on every stop light post, IN THE CENTER, where you can find out where you are going WHILE watching where you are driving
*I love how almost EVERY gas station has a working car wash
*Being an hour from the beach
*Being an hour from the mountains
*Being 2 hours from LA
*Being 1.5 hour from San Diego
*The speed limit on the freeways 70MPH
*The speed limit on busy streets 55MPH
*Seeing cop cars everywhere in their sweet Chargers
*Seeing those boys in those tight-girl pants (all sagging out here)
*INnOUT: grilled cheese animal style... to die for
*All those housing tracts... they feel like home to me now
*Del Taco (I haven't seen one anywhere on the East Coast)
*How we get like 10+months of sun a year, if not more
*Those really simple and straight forward on ramps and off ramps
*Not really needing directions, since you can see EVERYTHING!
*Being able to drive past our old family house and relive those memories
*Not being able to go ANYWHERE, no matter how far, without seeing someone you knew
*Nice people... Seems most people are rude and don't care
*Customer Service!!! Wal-Marts have always been bad, but out here it is way worse
*My family: Luke & Nessa are very missed!!!! :(
*My church family, been going to the same church since I was in 6th grade
*Those amazing parks everywhere
*Seeing my hometown evolve and expand
*Being able to smell a BBQ any day of the week
*My work: I loved helping customers, Lowe's ROCKS!
*Being in the grocery store and having every race, gender and type of person all on the same aisle
*How almost every car that had tags was fine to be behind on the freeway. Some cars are as bad as the buses!
*Taking walks, seeing people running/jogging all day
*All our man made lakes :)

WOW! That's it? It kinda felt like more? I personally think it all has to do with great family and friends. All the rest is just extras that I can live with out... Well maybe not the food. I love food!



1 comment:

  1. Omigosh, have you read my blog? I'm always talking about how I miss Cali. I was born there and spent some time stationed there with my Hubby but now we're in Ohio boooo!
    xx

    ReplyDelete