Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Birthday!


So today is my best friend's 23rd Birthday! I wish I could just call her, but unfortunately she is out of the country. She was selected to be part of a ministry group in North Africa ministering to Muslims! I am so proud of her!

We grew up together and found solace from our troubles at the other person's house! I still remember the first time she invited my brother and I to go to youth group with her. It literally changed my life for the better!

While I got married, had two babies, and worked, she was going to college full time at California Baptist University. She would work at youth camps during the summer, or go traveling! She has been to Italy, France, England, Australia, New Zealand, Coast Rica, Thailand (on another ministry trip), and a few other places.

She is a bright, friendly, loving person whose laugh literally can change your attitude! **As an example, the morning after my dad died, I used a friends phone to call my boyfriend to pick me up after the PSAT's since my dad died. As I walk out the gate, I open his truck door and he looks at me like I am crazy. He asks what I am doing here. I tell him I need a ride home. He says sarcastically, "What did your dad die, too!?" And I start balling, saying, "Yea... I don't know what happened, he just died!!!!" So he dropped me off at my house without saying another word. Apparently, when I used my friend's cell phone, her last name made Ray think it was Saskia, my best friend, calling. So the word went around church that Saskia's dad died, not mine! :)
Yea it's a little sad, but you have to admit, it is hilarious!!!! So when I was talking with Saskia, I told her what happened, and she was busting up laughing! It got me laughing, as well. And then she gets a little emotional, saying, "Awwww... Ray would do that for me?" She was in such awe! Man, I love and miss her. So please lift her up in prayer as often as you can. She is an amazing woman of God. I am so damn proud of her, my little "Ruth"...

Once again, Happy 23rd Birthday, Saskia!

Loving and Missing You Girl,

"Idgie"

No comments:

Post a Comment