Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Military Wife Survey




I decided it would be kind of fun to do a survey! Enjoy getting to know a little more about me...




1. How long have you been a military wife?
4 months, but a wife for just about 5 years


2. What branch of service is your husband in?
The U.S. Army


3. Active or Reserve?
Active Duty


4. What is his job?
Apache Helicopter Repairman


5. How many deployments have you gone through?
None yet


6. ACU's or Class A's, which do you like best on your man?
Both are sexy, but I have not seen my husband in his Class A's yet. :)


7. What do you like the most about being a military wife?
Seeing the pride and respect in my hubby's face.


8. Do you live on base?
Nope, he's still in AIT, but hopefully when we get to our 1st station.


9. What is your favorite base so far?
Well, between FT Jackson (BCT) and FT Eustis (AIT), EUSTIS!!!!


10. What is the hardest part about being a military wife?
Let's see: the loneliness, the eventual deployments, the hurry up and wait, orders first, how the sponsor has to do pretty much everything. Take your pick.


11. Do you go to the grocery store or the commissary?
Commissary, HUGE price difference.


12. Do you work or stay at home?
Thankfully, I am staying home for now. I am on a leave of absence.


13. Do you have a lot of military friends?
I would like to think so, although they are almost ALL online.


14. Do you orefer Wal-Mart or the PX?
Believe it or not, the PX is the same, if not MORE expensive than Wal-Mart


15. How did your husband propose?
He bought a beautiful ring, took me on a walk, had me sit on a table and close my eyes... I was in shock! I remember askinghim over and over again, are you joking? you sure? etc... Poor guy, he probably thought I was gonna say no.


16. Did you marry him before or after he joined?
About 4 1/2 years before.


17. How long have you been together?
Dating: 7+ years, Married: in less than 2 weeks, 5 years!!!!


18. Any kids yet?
2 pretty, completely opposite girls: Summer 2.5 and Makayla almost 4!!!


19. Any kids yet to come?
We so want a baby boy... But we are going to enjoy thi stime together...


20. Is your husband one of those (I am a soldier, hear me HOOAH) kind of guy?
Hard to tell, it's so new. He has a lot of pride, but I think once he gets to his new unit he will be. :)


21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
Not sure what you mean, but we were wrestling and I accidentally head-butted him.


22. How many bases have you lived at?
None so far for me... 2 for Josh (BCT & AIT) 3 more months!!!


23. If you could change one thing about the military?
The material on their Beret... The new Class A's (So ugly, I prefer the green)


24. Do you like military balls?
I have never been to one. I can't wait!


25. Where does your family live?
Hubby is in Virginia, but "home" is still Southern California... for now anyway


26. What do you do for your job?
My actual job? I work at Lowe's... I loved it and began missing it... :(


27. Have you ever gotten into a fight with a NCO's wife?
No... And I plan on never getting into a fight with another military wife. Let it roll off your back!


28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone?
Try to take care of me and the girls. It's part of his job description, so I just try not to fall apart!


29. Do you think other wives do that, too?
I KNOW they do. You can fall apart, but it doesn't do any good, but release some tension.


30. What is your dream station, and your worst station?
Dream : Hawaii, or Germany Worst: Korea, or FT Drum

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving your comment the other day!
    I'm excited to see where this life is going to take you and your family! I'll be following along :)

    ReplyDelete