Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010



I felt like I had not accomplished anything yesterday. So I made an itinerary for the girls and I. It is in no way iron clad. It is flexible, just like I am. It is a way to make sure I am passing the time here by AND living and enjoying here. This is my last chance to prepare Makayla for preschool. She already knows a lot and I am just trying to give her an edge. I guess I am just afraid that I was not a great teacher for her. So after an early nap time, I gave the girls popsicles and we ran a few errands. To enjoy the weather, in the low 80's, we went to Newport News Park.



It is so dang gorgeous!!! This is the second time I have brought the girls there. When we pick up Josh Saturday morning, I would like to have a BBQ, take the girls on a nature hike, and maybe even rent the paddle boats on the lake. These pictures are from my camera phone. Does not do the area justice! And they have some of the most friendly squirrels I have ever seen. And the BIRDS! Birds of all colors... Bright reds, yellow sand blues just gorgeous. And they are song birds. I have heard pretty sounding birds in the past in California and Arizona. But these birds make me stop in my tracks and just listen and smile!



They have these huge covered picnic areas, and it makes me miss my family. Makayla's 4th birthday is coming up and it would be so nice to see our family, friends, and church family all sitting around. BBQ-ing, laughing, and just enjoying each other. And of course celebrating her 4th Birthday. :) Her birthday is 4 days after our anniversary... FIVE years! :) So we are talking about keeping it intimate and low key... Maybe BBQ at the Newport News Park. Maybe go watch Toy Story 3... I just feel so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree...it's so beautiful there!!! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete