Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

LOCKDOWN

A little word of advice, I might not be too upbeat for this story. Consider yourself warned!!!

I get a call from my husband Thursday telling me he most likely wont be coming home this weekend with us. APPARENTLY, someone or someones shattered and broke the flat screen in the day room. No one admitted to it, so there are over 250 soldiers getting punished. They can not leave the company area. They have formation almost every three hours. LAME!

There are a lot of rumors. My husband told me that the soldiers are getting all this info from the "Private News Network". I ask him excitedly, can civilians join it, too. He laughs and says it again pointing to himself when he says Private! OHHHHH! :)

I am such a nerd sometimes. I pray and hope they get released from Lockdown so my Man in Uniform can come home this weekend. We got a lot of celebrating to do!
5 year anniversary on Thursday the 17th, Father's Day on Sunday the 20th, Makayla's 4th birthday on Monday the 21st!!!! I NEED him home this weekend... Please Ft Eustis, have mercy on the Mitchell Family!

Potential plans for this weekend:
1. Newport News Park (the girls can show daddy everything)
2. Beach
3. Pool Side at the hotel
4. Splash Park on base
5. Movie Theater (Shrek 3 or Toy Story 3)

Any other suggestions people????
Post a comment so I will know who actually reads this thing... Thanks....

4 comments:

  1. all of the above, we have to make up for lost time!!! lol They are for sure getting off this weekend if not well we are forces to be reconed with, us Army wives we stick together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, that's awful =( I hope they get to come home this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi~I am new to your blog and so excited to follow along:) I really hope that your hubby gets to come home for the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! I remember the days when plans were thrown out because of something military.
    I hope he gets to come home and you can celebrate everything together.

    ReplyDelete