Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time flies when you are having FUN!

Sometimes we fully intend to do something and God steps in... We, as a family, decided to Trick-or-Treat last year for the very first time. It was fun! The girls went as a princess and a ladybug. So, when we arrived in Georgia at our new home, we were excited to TOT. We thought it would help Georgia feel like home. So we went out, bought costumes for all four of us! and us three girls even had wigs! Then one thing happened after another. Our Army base scheduled TOT-ing for Friday the 29th, which my husband was planning on going to a men's wildlife fellowship dinner that same night. So we decided to go to a neighboring base to TOT on Saturday the 30th. And we just didn't feel it that day. We could not get into the so-called "spirit". So then we resigned to just TOT on the actual holiday. Until my hubby got called into flight receiving duty.

You would think that after the 3rd unsuccessful try at it I would get the hint. Well, I did not. I was bummed out, for the girls... Which, in itself is a joke, because they could not care less! They just love to dress up! Which, while unpacking another box chock full of dress up outfits this very morning confirmed this.

Then I came across a fellow bloggers post about Trick-or-Treating. Definitely got my spirit shouting hooray as I finally got it! I was placing my doubts and thoughts on the back burner, just so I could feel okay about taking my girls TOT-ing. I will definitely be searching my heart and God's word to answers my girls may have when they are older. But, until then, I will relish in them not having that desire to TOT at such a young age.

Here is the aforementioned post. Read, contemplate, and come to your own understanding. http://briansgirl1999.blogspot.com/2010/10/mommy-why-dont-we-celebrate-halloween.html

God Bless our Troops!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting read. I never know what to do about Halloween. I think we took the boys Trick or Treating once when they were little--just to a couple of neighbor houses, but otherwise we have either not really done anything, passed out candy, or gone to church events. See, I love dressing up.. I love having fun with the kids.. but I don't think we should celebrate Halloween in the traditional way. It was so interesting, though... the kids and I got into a big discussion about Halloween. We actually used their "Star Wars" costumes to talk about being on the "light side" and making good choices. Of doing things in what we say and even the costumes we wear that would be pleasing to God. It was very sweet.

    Would love to see pics of your costumes though :)

    ReplyDelete