Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Classics

Thanks to http://www.netflix.com/ and http://www.pandora.com/  I have been engrossed with the things of old. Be it movies, music, or just pictures from Life magazine (via an ipad app). I seem to have become more cheerful and easy going. I know it is all in my head, but there is something so exhilarating about dancing to good music with my little girls. We always have a blast! Makayla loves that Elvis Presley sound, Rock-A-Billy. Not only do we have a lot of fun, but I feel a lot better after shaking, twisting and dancing. Plus I am sure I am burning a lot more calories than just sitting around and cleaning. If you sometimes struggle with cleaning the same things EVERYDAY, try dancing while doing it. Time flies and before you know it all the monotonous work for the day is over! *Except that last stubborn load of laundry that never seems to go away!

It very well may be my personal preference, but these songs and movies just are good for the soul!
As I write this, I am listening to (and singing along with BADLY) The Righteous Brothers hit "You've lost that lovin' feelin'"! Besides Top Gun, this song fills my mind of memories of driving to the grocery store or the movie store and having my dad sing all these songs!
 
You see, I share a kind of intimacy with this genre of music and movies. I can not watch or listen to them without conjuring images of my best-est friend in the whole world! It may be true that we do not talk every day, heck we have gone months without talking! But when someone means that much to you, they really never leave your heart. Saskia and I grew up together, and I like to think that a part of her grew in me, and I can only hope to have a special place in that Jesus loving heart of hers!

*I dream about visiting Graceland before I die, traveling to Italy, France and Germany. I will definitely hit up those tourist spots, but the majority of my time, I would like to travel in the countryside. Going to local hangouts and eateries.
Alright, I am going to close my laptop and get some rest while listening to "Crazy" by Patsy Cline.
Good night all!
J'mapelle Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment