Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Good things TRULY do come to those that wait

So... I am beginning to feel at home here in Georgia. I am looking forward to strolling down by the river during Christmas. To cook Thanksgiving dinner for just us four Mitchells. To buying a nice, comfy sofa and love seat. To buying a nice flat screen TV. To relaxing on the couch. Finally having everything we might need when it comes to throwing together a meal.

***These things might seem a little materialistic, or trivial to some. But Josh and I are just totally excited to be where we are today. We are financially secure, and, well, it just feels GREAT! God really is amazing. We are getting back to actually budgeting our finances for things we need and things we WANT! We have all we need right now. But we are choosing to do the responsible thing and keep a little in savings. So we are couch and TV-less. :) I am sure we seem strange to most Americans, but we do not mind. We are willing to go without for a while to make sure we get a good deal AND continue to save for future emergencies.

Alright, now away form all that financial mumbo-jumbo.... Today is a very special day. My hubs us at work, then he will be crossing the border and headed to South Carolina for dinner. Where he will be attending a good friend's church manly cookout. They will be serving your usual steak, ribs, and sides.... But the cool part, is they will be serving veal, venison, and (are you ready for this?) ALLIGATOR! :) I will be waiting eagerly and not so patiently to find out what it taste like and the texture and all the minor details. :)
Tomorrow our whole family will be dressing up for Halloween. We will be a cute story book witch, a classic ladybug, Robin, and Captain America! :) I am most eager to see my hubs in his costume. He refuses to try it on. I guess it is sort of a good thing. That way he wont try it on and then refuse to go trick or treating with us.
I will be uploading lots of pics on Sunday or Monday. So get ready to laugh and save a copy for yourselves. I am sure this will be Josh's first, and last, time in tights!
***Until then, please feel free and comment. My narcissism is fading. Just playing.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! What a great feeling to have a home! Enjoy your time together and I hope your Halloween is fantastic too :)

    ReplyDelete