Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

FRG


I have been dying to try out our new FRG. I was hoping to use them as a support and question/answer system; due to this being our first duty station. I know the majority of readers have warned me to run as fast as I can away from the FRG. But I am stubborn and do not care to rely fully on someone else and their experiences. I listen to their advice and consider it, but I always find out for myself. Call it being bullheaded, stubborn, or a rebel; either way I always feel the need to discover things on my own.




But alas, no such luck...




My husband has not been assigned to an official unit yet. He is doing "Rear D" on post. He is pretty much a grunt right now. So not only are we home-less (we are staying in a hotel) but we are thrust into our "new normal" and even this is just temporary. My husband and I have have been at the Lord's and the ARMY's mercy for the last eight months!




To have my girls take all this and still be their adorable, yet stubborn selves is a mystery. I knew kids are said to be resilient, but I truly thought there would be some kind of trauma from all the moving and the majority of their toys being in storage. But they are their same Jesus-loving, LOUD selves! I am seriously gonna re-evaluate the sheer vastness of their toys and give a lot away. I found they use their imaginations even more and are more willing to play nicely with each other.




Gees, I am such a mom. I start this out with my wants and desires, yet very soon the conversation evolves into thoughts and praise for my girls. :)


Back to my FRG-thing. I have vowed to not let drama or gossip keep me from joining, volunteering, and being active in the FRG; that is, if we ever get assigned to one. :) I am vowing to enjoy this time that God has displaced our family. It will all work out.


You just watch and see....


errrr, read!

No comments:

Post a Comment