Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

REUNION

So after only a 36.5 hour drive. We made it to South Carolina EARLY! We checked into a hotel room, and crashed in a bed (YEA!). After we woke up, my mom, my two girls, and I went to the mall. I got my nails done, bought some nice things for Josh at VS, bought the girls some quiet toys, and then proceeded to wait!

I finally got to meet my fellow Army Wives, Fiancees, GF's, and parents. We had a blast hanging on. :) We compared pictures our men sent us. We got to talk to out men! YAY!

Then we woke up early. Headed to Hilton Field and the ceremony was so short! As they came running through the smoke screen, my heart beat sped up! After the introductions, our men spread out. Once they said those words,"Meet your soldiers on the field" I flew down those stairs! I think I was probably one of the first ones there. But then I realized in the mad rush, I didn't keep track of my soldier.

Now I was second guessing where I thought he was. (While we were in the stands, our eyes CLICKED! He smiled, I smiled! It was so damn intimate!!!!) Now I slowed down, looking right to left through every soldier. They weren't allowed to move until their family found them... It seemed like forever... I was just about to go down a different aisle, when there was my man! I ran to him. Hugged him like it was our last hug ever! No tears from me! :) I was so proud of myself.

Then we headed to the stands to wait for my mom to bring the girls down to meet with their daddy! My mom was trying to show Makayla where Daddy was. She was looking all over. But once she saw his arm waving at her. Sh dropped down to her knees, covered he mouth is surprise! That is when I began to get teary eyed! That was also when Josh said, I think I am going to cry!!!!

Finally, they made it down the steps! Summer was a lil nervous. That broke my heart. Then after a minute of scrutinizing Josh, she reached out and he hugged her! :) FINALLY our family was complete! :) I wish I would have taken more pictures now, but I am so glad I relaxed and enjoyed the moment, and made ever lasting memories!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I felt like i was there I remember the exact same experience!! Amazing and the part where u had no tears i did for u!!!! <3 ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete